Participants will learn about:
1. The Role and Duties of a Housekeeper – Understanding what it takes to be a housekeeper, including effective communication skills with guests and staff, attitude, etiquette, personal presentation, security and confidentially.
2. It’s All About the Customer – The very first port of call is an understanding of the needs, expectations and experiences of the number one most important person, the customer.
3. Essential Cleaning Principles & Practices – Understanding the impact of housekeeping on guest comfort and satisfaction and the hotel’s reputation, with planning for cleaning in order to ensure quality, efficient and consistent work. Includes deep cleaning principles and practices
4. Essential Quality in Housekeeping – This section introduces the key concepts of quality in cleaning and describes the international 5-stage customer-focused quality model that builds increasing cleaning, attention to detail and presentation standards into every aspect of housekeeping.
5. Essential Cleaning Techniques – The essential practical cleaning techniques and skills required to complete all housekeeping tasks
6. Cleaning by Surface – Instructions and guidance in cleaning specific surfaces commonly found in the hospitality industry and includes care and conservation of delicate and antique items and surfaces
7. Cleaning by Specific Areas – This section pulls all the foundational knowledge and skills from the previous sections and outlines the standard operating procedures for each specific area. This section also details the level of service and presentation expected for each area.
8. Essential Housekeeping Practices – This section introduces essential housekeeping skills and practices that enable hotel housekeepers to excel in time management, reduce or eliminate wasteful activities, promote self-improvement.
9. Essential Health & Safety – Cleaning can be hazardous, so this part gives guidance on the most common physical and chemical health and safety issues. Using cleaning chemicals in the workplace environment can be hazardous, so this part teaches an understanding on the safe use and handling of chemicals.