This course is designed to give you a good grounding in internationally recognised cleaning and infection control processes in all healthcare and clinical environments.
The course is structured in the following way:
- Infections – An introduction to how infections spread and the importance of controlling their spread within a healthcare and clinical environment. This part also covers the most common infections found in these environments.
- Health and Safety – Cleaning in the healthcare and clinical environments can be hazardous, so this part gives guidance on the most common health and safety issues
- Cleaning Processes and Methods – This section looks at the principles and good practice of cleaning and sets up as a foundation for the following sections on floor and surface cleaning
- Floor and Surface Cleaning – These two sections teach the standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for each of the tasks.
- Areas to be Cleaned – This section pulls all the foundational knowledge and skills from the previous sections and outlines the standard operating procedures for each specific area within a healthcare environment.
For more details on the contents please refer to this page and download the full list of topics covered.